Tuesday 15 February 2011

Costumes and Stratford-Upon-Avon

On Saturday I had the delight of attending the Royal Shakespeare Theatre costume sale. It was both amazing and frightening. The costumes where made to a beautiful original period standard and many had been perviously worn by actors such as Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Ben Kingsley,however the prices were extremely cheap which caused the visitors to go in to a frenzy grabbing at anything and everything. I managed to escape with a rather large bag of petticoats and high wasted trousers, two of my favorite things... Below I'm wearing red trousers from the play Julius Caesar, waistcoat from a musician in Happy End, COS Long sleeve dress and velvet riding cap.












1 comment:

  1. Wow The velvet jacket is brilliant! I would love to have that. x

    ReplyDelete